Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My First Deer!

This last weekend Mont decided to buy me a Doe tag because I didn't get anything the last few times we went hunting. So we got a babysitter and went up to a place called Chalk Creek. I was really excited but kinda nervous at the same time. When we got there we decided to hike up this big mountain. I thought I would be alright, but it was actually really tuff. I was trying to breath quiet so it didn't sound like I was WAY out of shape, even though I am...LOL I was focusing on my breathing and my calf's burning like heck when all of a sudden Mont says Darcie a Doe a Doe. So I looked up and yep there was about 4 Doe's 125 yards away. He said shoot one hurry take the shot....LOL So I shot and missed and then reloaded and shot again I got one but It didn't kill her all the way so we hurried and ran up to where she was at and started looking for her for about 10 minutes when I spotted her again and took the last shot. It was pretty exciting! I was all emotional LoL I'm weird I know......And no it didn't bother me to shoot an animal. I always wondered if it ever bothered people, Just if some of you wanted to know Ü


Can you tell I got a big work out? There's snow on the ground and I'm all sweaty and ugly.....Hahahahah It was a lot of fun though! Thanks Mont Ü

13 comments:

Tyson and Capri said...

Your a good wife:)

Jamie said...

Congrats on your first kill LOL!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!

Kami said...

All I can say is... You go girl! Love that you have started to hunt! And BS you still look great!

Lisa said...

That's cool Darci! It is funny how your first kill you don't care what it is- mike would never shoot anything unless it was a trophy- but I was lookin for anything with horns, no matter the size. It is pretty exciting-the adrenelin as you try to get in a shot. My uncle had 5 doe tags and we were hoping to get one for me but he'd already given them away. Next year...

Andy and Katy said...

Hey Darci, I haven't seen you in forever. I found your blog from Angie's. I just wanted to say hi, your boys are adorable and congratulations of your deer. You are a better girl than me, I am not a fan of hiking up hills with a heavy gun in the cold. I have a blog but it is private so email me with your address and I will send you an invite. Hope to hear back from you. Seeing you makes me think of our late nights at good 'ol Peach Tree!!!!

Katy Morgan (Lythgoe)

Unknown said...

Wow Cousin you are one wild women! And I like it ;)

Jarrod.Maci.and Tielyr Hakala said...

You just killed Bambis mom! Ü

Jarrod.Maci.and Tielyr Hakala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Katie said...

Hey! Lay off my man! He's hot and you know it :)

Heather Perry said...

Thats awesome... I still haven't been invited to go with my hubby...any news on what the new one is going to be?

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Darc!

maegan and brian lutz said...

wow darci my dad will be proud when i tell him mandy will be too. you sure are a hot hnuter!!! looks like all is well. Wow your kids are darling and have beautiful eyes. Have a merry christmas!!! love, maegan lutz