Tuesday, July 29, 2008

PUPPIES!

Timble had her puppies today!

She had 4 girls and 2 boys!
She had one that looked totally normal but had a cleft pallet inside her mouth. She couldn't suck at all to get milk. So I tried to help her but the milk kept coming out her nose. It was so sad. So I called the vet and they told me that most puppies with cleft pallets don't live for very long they get really sick from the milk going up threw the cleft pallet into their lungs. He said it's up to me if I want to bottle feed it and see if it makes it or to put it down. GOSH, that is such a hard decision to make. I've tried doing the whole bottle feeding every two hours with another puppy we had, I just got really attached to him and he ended up dying 2 months later. So I just decided to take Timbles puppy in and have them put her to sleep. I should have made my husband do it but he wasn't home and I didn't want the puppy to suffer anymore so I went into the Animal Hospital telling myself that I wasn't going to cry, cause I would look stupied. So I walk in there and was doing good until this lady say's.....Oh I know how hard this is for you. And I just started balling....I felt so dumb! But I do feel alot better now that the puppy isn't suffering.




I thought this picture was so cute! This little puppy fell asleep with a nipple in his mouth.























5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love puppies They are so cute! How many did she have?

Galbfam said...

Hey girl! Of course I remember you! How ya been? Your boys are so freaking cute. What a cute fam. Glad you wrote me and now i can spy on your blog =) Keep in touch.

Jamie said...

Yeah good old times! I remember when we use to have sleep overs outside. Those were a lot of fun.

Rick, Jacee, Paylen said...

oh I love puppies! Thats so sad about the one you had to put down, we had to do that w/ one of Tajah's puppies-it's harder than you'd think.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

We are going private if you still want to look at our blog, email me at jhula12@hotmail.com ;)